Magazine Consulting Home
How We Work
Call us today at
schedule a free initial consultation so
we can discuss our services
and can help your website
reach its full potential.
How We Work
Increase Your Online Success by Boosting:
- Website traffic
- User interactions
- Click throughs
- Conversions (sales/subscriptions)
- Advertising sales
As we achieve those measurable goals, we also heighten your online presence and strengthen your brand identity. How do we do that? We utilize two critical components:
1. A Guiding Principle of Process
2. A Five-Step Process to Building Your Success
The Guiding Principle of Process:
Data - The amount of available information within the Internet universe is,
for all practical purposes, infinite. We filter – using your company’s parameters
and needs – which distills the data pool into relevant…
Information - That’s critical to your needs. Utilizing this foundation, we create a base of…
Knowledge - From which your team and our team can accurately assess your past and current online experience. This assessment leads to…
Experience - Of industry veterans that forms the foundation for good decision-making, which results in…
Wisdom - That will help your team and our team build a better, more efficient and effective website experience for an ever increasing number of readers/subscribers.
Five-Step Process to Building Your Success:
: Understanding the Online Universe, its Users & Advertisers.
- Internet/communication technologies are evolving at supersonic speeds.
- Online users are continually maturing in their knowledge and expectations of websites.
- Advertisers are constantly trying to match their product with changing technologies and growing user sophistication for greatest impact.
- There’s an ever increasing competition for user attention and money.
: Understanding the Print World, its Readers & Advertisers
- Print is – and will remain – a successful communications platform by which readers can be satisfied and advertisers financially rewarded.
- Every magazine has a website, but most don’t know what the others are doing.
- Magazine website mission statements are ‘evolving,’ meaning each company is making it up as it goes along.
- Most magazine websites are unprofitable.
- No one knows what to give away and what to put behind a pay wall.
- Simply duplicating a print magazine online is NOT the way to maximize online success.
- Similarly, print readers do not constitute the entire universe of potential online readers.
: Creating a Path from Print to Online
- Correctly marrying the two different entities, print and online, is an evolving challenge that is difficult – but not impossible – to achieve.
- Online strategies should not be limited by print constraints and/or print-publishing assumptions.
- Websites need to continually grow and reflect ever-changing user needs and expectations.
- Big traffic numbers are not always better.
- Good website traffic on a poorly designed site or one that’s not tailored to a specific audience means lost user interactions, click throughs, conversions (sales/subscriptions) and advertising sales.
- An optimized website speaks simply and directly to a specific audience and gets users to spend their time and money.
: Defining Your Unique Challenges
- We start with a free in-person or over-the-phone consultation to see if we are a good fit.
- If you have an established magazine, you already know your print audience and are delivering what they want in the print format.
- If you have an established website, you have metrics about who visits your site, how long they spend on it, what they do, etc.
- We need both your print and online knowledge to get a complete picture of your situation, so we interview you and your team about your print magazine, website, readers and advertisers.
- We ask for budget guidelines so we can match our scope of strategies and services to your specific needs and budget requirements.
: Building an Action Plan with Definable Measures of Success
- Using all the information you’ve given us, we combine that with the extensive knowledge of our magazine and website experts.
- We then present you with a multiple-tiered action plan that can be implemented as an entire integrated strategy or as a la carte items.
- Each item will have its own well-defined measures of success.
- You decide what best fits your needs and budget.
Call us today at 970-221-0082
to schedule a free initial consultation
so our print and online experts can help
your website reach its full potential.