Mobile Websites & Mobile Applications
Do you know how many of your customers access your website on mobile and tablet devices? Do you know if your website is easy to use on a mobile phone?
The modern wave of smartphones has opened up many new marketing and customer interaction opportunities for businesses.
With the opportunity comes more complexity, and this is where we can help. Your business is unique and your course of action highly depends on your customers and business goals. We'll work with you to determine a good mobile strategy and help you set sail.
Moble Website or Mobile App?
- Mobile-friendly websites are the most cost-effective solution for small businesses. Streamlined content and navigation
designed with mobile devices in mind can give your customers a positive experience when visiting your site. If you have an existing website
and are getting mobile traffic, creating a mobile-friendly version of your website may be the best choice.
- Web-based mobile applications are essentially mobile-friendly websites with enhanced functionality. This type of app will work
on all smartphones, is easier to update, and generally costs less to develop and maintain.
- Native mobile applications need to be built for each specific platform independently, such as iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android devices. These applications will make better use of a device's built-in features, such as geo-location. Native applications typically cost more to develop and maintain, so it's important to have a clear goal in mind.
Mobile SEO - People rely heavily on search while using mobile devices. Many people find it easier to use voice search or a search field rather than typing in a specific URL. This means that being optimized for search engines is really important if you want to have a presence on mobile devices.
Mobile Listings - You may also need to get listed on certain location-based mobile applications. For example, with restaurants, many people will use a mobile app like Urban Spoon or Where to find restaurants near them. Not only is it important to be listed, but the quality of your listing will likely affect a person's decision as well.
Over 123.3 million Americans owned smartphones as of November 2012 and this number is growing. Of those, 52% used their smartphones to visit websites. In addition, a recent survey by Google revealed the following:
- 75% of users prefer a mobile-friendly website
- After visiting a mobile-friendly site, 74% of people said they’re more likely to return to that website in the future
- 67% of users said that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy the product or service offered on that website
- 48% said that if a website didn’t work well on their smartphones, it made them feel like the company didn’t care about their business
Call 970-221-0082 today to schedule a free initial consultation about your mobile strategy